Physical Education, Daily Physical Activity and School Sport
We aim to provide a high-quality physical education curriculum, which inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. We aim to offer opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We also aim to offer our pupils the opportunity to compete in sport and other activities, building character and helping to embed values such as fairness and respect.
Through our PE curriculum, delivered through two hours per week of high quality PE, we aim to:
- make sure all pupils are included;
- allocate equipment and space fairly and effectively;
- deploy, support and develop staff effectively;
- use core task assessment as a tool to inform planning;
- plan and deliver inclusive lessons which follow a carefully planned and graduated progression;
- plan and deliver differentiated activities with a wide range of success criteria;
- plan and deliver opportunities for challenge;
- monitor and evaluate pupils’ progress and the quality of the outcomes they achieve; reward and celebrate pupils’ achievements.
We also aim to provide pupils with opportunities to:
- attend festivals and collaborative, communal events;
- attend clubs at lunchtime, after school or at weekends;
- compete against pupils from other local schools;
- experience a wide variety of sporting and physical experiences;
- experience a full, enriching programme of outdoor education (with at least one residential experience at an outdoor education centre during KS2).
In addition, we aim to ensure that all are active at playtimes, by:
- training playleaders to lead active sessions;
- purchasing equipment to be used at playtimes;
- ensuring that our school grounds have well maintained, exciting resources for play (eg climbing wall, adventure equipment, zip wire etc).
Through the delivery of high quality Physical Education, including Out of Hours Opportunities and Competitive Opportunities, we intend to give pupils the skills, confidence and desire to be physically active throughout their lives.
Sport Premium Spend 2016 – 2017Sport Premium spend 16-17
Swimming InformationPE and Sport Premium - Swimming data 17-18
Sport Premium – planned spend 2017 – 18Sport Premium - planned spend 17-18